beehive-user mailing list archives

From deck <>
Subject Invoking an action via an HTML Button without submitting the form
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:56:36 GMT

I am trying to invoke a PageFlow action via an html button.  I am curious to
know if there is a way to invoke the action without Beehive requireing the
Form Bean as an input parameter for the action.

Basically, I have an HTML form which has two buttons, one submits the form
to an action which processes the input and performs some task.  The other I
want to simply cancel the operation and invokes another action which
navigates to a different part of the application.

Is there anyway I can use an HTML button to invoke an action without beehive
requiring the form bean as an input parameter?

Right now I get an exception thrown for each form element:

Throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not update the identifier
"accountType" on a null value object.

Any ideas?
Sent from the Beehive - User mailing list archive at

View raw message