beehive-user mailing list archives

From John L <>
Subject netui:select optionsDataSource cannot be set
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 21:51:04 GMT

Hello Beehive - User Forum!
I'm new to Beehive and I'm having a problem that I hope someone here can
help me out with.  I'm sure it has a simple solution, but what that solution
is, I don't know.

I'm trying to upgrade from Weblogic portal 8.1 to 10.3 and I'm using
Oracle's Workshop for WebLogic 10.3 (it's eclipse 3.3)

I've got the following line in a jsp

<netui:select dataSource="pageFlow.selectedEditAcvListSequenceNumber"
optionsDataSource="pageFlow.acvListMap" nullable="true"/>

it produces this html

<input type="hidden"
<select name="wlw-select_key:{pageFlow.selectedEditAcvListSequenceNumber}">
<option value="pageFlow.acvListMap">pageFlow.acvListMap</option>
<option value="netui_null" selected></option>

So it takes the value of optionsDataSource and makes it an option.  I
checked the documentation here:
(I also looked at the 1.0.2 javadoc, it seemed the same)

and so I changed the line to:
<netui:select dataSource="pageFlow.selectedEditAcvListSequenceNumber"
optionsDataSource="${pageFlow.acvListMap}" nullable="true"/>

this failed with this error to the browser:

Static attribute must be a String literal, its illegal to specify an
optionsDataSource="${pageFlow.acvListMap}" nullable="true"/>

and a similar error in the console.

I've tried to change the JSTL facet, but eclipse won't let me, I've tried to
explicitly set the jsp to interpret EL.  I've tried a lot of things that I
can't recall.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from the Beehive - User mailing list archive at

View raw message