beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eduardo Gouvea" <>
Subject Extensible Custom Control with invoke method: how to get a reference to the extended bean instance?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:29:16 GMT

I'm try to implement both a Extensible and its extended Custom Control
to log any method invocation issued in a extended custom control instance.

I have 2 interfaces and 2 implementations:

... MyCustomControl {

... MyCustomControlImpl ... implements Extensible ... {
    public Object invoke(Method m, Object[] args)  ... {
        // How to invoke the method been issued in the extended custom
control instance
        // without losing its state, without instantiate a new bean?
        return ...

... MyExtendedCustomControl ...{
    public void sayHello();

... MyExtendedCustomControlImpl ... extends MyCustomControlImpl implements
MyCustomControl ... {
    public void sayHello() {

But, given the parameters of the "invoke" method, I'm not able to actually
the extended custom control method after logging some information about it.

How to get a reference to the extended custom control instance within the
"invoke" method
in order to call the intercepted method in that instance?

Eduardo Gouvea