beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Philipp Jardas" <>
Subject NavigateTo.currentPage in inherited page flows throw NoPreviousPageException
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:22:32 GMT
Hi everyone,

I use an abstract page flow which is inherited by several concrete
page flows as follows:

public abstract class ParentController extends ... {
    forwards = { ... },
    validationErrorForward = @Jpf.Forward(name = "validation",
navigateTo = Jpf.NavigateTo.currentPage)
  public Forward submitPersonalData(PersonalDataForm form) {

@Jpf.Controller(inheritLocalPaths = true)
public class ConcreteController extends ParentController {

The two controllers reside in separate packages, of course, so I have
to use "inheritLocalPaths = true" to use JSP in the parent package.
The page flow works flawlessly as long as the user enters valid data.
If the form bean validation fails, I would expect the user to be
forwarded back to the input page. However, this results in an
exception as below:

org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.NoPreviousPageException: No relevant
page for return-to="currentPage" on action submitPersonalData in page
flow /.../.../ConcreteController.jpf.

I've tried implementing alwaysTrackPreviousPage() returning true to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

View raw message