beehive-user mailing list archives

From djkuul <dhwa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Validating indexed properties, nested properties...
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:39:55 GMT

I will try to elaborate the problem-

1. Department and Employee data is to be displayed to the User.
2. The ActionFormBean has an ArrayList of Department objects.
3. Each Department Object has an ArrayList of Employee Objects.
4. The user can modify Employee data for example- Salary (int).
5. The action method is decorated with appropriate validation annotations
say @Jpf.ValidateRequired.
6. Now to apply the Validate Required to the salary field of the Employee
object what should the propertyName of the @Jpf.ValidateRequired be set to?

Is it possible to do validations of indexed, nested and mapped properties
WITHOUT-
1. writing custom validations, so as to use the existing validations
provided by beehive.
2. without decorating the individual getter property with the validation
annotation, since we may not always be able to edit the Department and
Employee Classes.

Appreciate any suggestions/ thoughts...