beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <carlin.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem in Executing Popup Sample
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:01:18 GMT
There are some automated tests that include a test very similar to the
sample. I was also able to get the sample running. What version of
WebLogic are you using and is the sample running in a portal
environment? When you view the source of the parent page, do you see
the following parameter in the request query for the button to the
popup?
_netui%3AreturnActionViewRenderer=org.apache.beehive.netui.tags.internal.ReturnActionViewRenderer

Also, do you have a Servlet Filter that is wrapping or modifying an
incoming request? If so, it could impact the way the request
processing works for the sample popup. For example...
- user hits the button to launch the nested popup flow,
  sending a reuqest with the _netui:AreturnActionViewRenderer parameter
  and the class name of the ViewRenderer.
- page flow request processor instantiates an instance of the ViewRenderer
  and stores it in the popup Page Flow Controller.
- user steps through the nested popup flow...
- user hits the final step in the nested popup flow, sending a request
(to action "done")
- page flow request processor gets the instance of the ViewRenderer from
  the popup Page Flow Controller and adds it as an attribute to the request.
- the request is forwarded on to the return action of the parent Page
Flow Controller

If you have a servlet filter that somehow alters the request such that
the ViewRenderer attribute is no longer available, you would then see the
message that "Auto-render forward _auto used, but no ViewRenderer was
registered."

Hope that helps,
Carlin

{