beehive-user mailing list archives

From "McClure, Doug " <DMcCl...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject Problem with rolesAllowed and directory only URLs
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:59:26 GMT
I am working with Beehive 1.0.1 and I'm running up against a problem
with the rolesAllowed attribute.

Everything works fine, in that users are prevented from accessing pages
when a URL is specified as http://server/app/admin/editRule.do.  But if
I go to http://server/app/admin/ directly it skips that role check and
just displays me the main page.  I've tried all manner of different
setups for my begin action method, but I just can not get the security
stuff to trigger.

I never did role based security with Struts, so I've no experience with
how to solve it there.

Any ideas?

Doug McClure
Senior Consultant
Adroit Software, Inc
SSC, Bldg 8625, E4-S4
704-988-4634 / 8926-4634

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended

recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

TIAA-CREF