beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject Re: Datagrid Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:58:07 GMT
Dino / Philippe--

  The data grid doesn't provide a mechanism to store state from
multiple grid views into either page flow scope or session scope.  A
single HTML page submit works by POSTing data back to the server for
the "current" page, but without custom application logic, the grid
isn't tracking any data that was submitted from previous pages, though
this would be a nice feature to have.

  It should be possible to do something like this by writing
UI-specific application logic that tracks all of the checked
checkboxes submitted from the data grid and then processing them when
"Submit Orders" is clicked.  A good way to do this with Page Flow
would be to have the action submitted by the HTML form update a Page
Flow-scoped data structure that tracks an identifier for each row that
was checked.  Just be sure that this identifier is unique and stable
-- a primary key of some sort on the record would work probably work
better than the row index which can change if the grid is sorted /
etc.  Also, be sure to add logic to checkbox rendering to correctly
check the box if a row has already been selected.

  Hope that helps.

On Feb 5, 2008 10:44 AM, Phillippe Camus <> wrote:
> Hi Dino,
> Got the same issue in Portal. I opened a case with BEA support and got a
> CR yesterday. FYI many customers are having the same issue.
> It looks like the tag simply looses the session information somehow.
> Best regards,
> Philippe Camus

View raw message