beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Gorbas, Paul H [IT]" <>
Subject RE: How to add default text to datagrid
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:58:38 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions Carlin, I will follow up on them.

One thing I should point out is I don't particularly care about the
exact content of the "no data" message is, my code is not displaying
anything (That is I get a header and footer but null body) - so that
default behavior you mentioned of the noDataRender() method for some
reason not working in my code ( Or it is working, but it is displaying a
null or empty string. )

-Paul G.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlin Rogers []
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:50 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: How to add default text to datagrid

Hi Paul,

One possible solution would be to use JSTL and test the data size.
Between the header and footer you could put your markup within the
following tags...

    <c:if test="${dataGrid.dataSet.size > 0}">

Otherwise, I think it would have to be a custom pager that is configured

    <netui-data:configurePager pagerRendererClass=""

Looking at the implementation of the NetUI datagrid class,
PagerRenderer, it's noDataRender() method returns a string from the
datagrid.msg.nodata message from the
file in the beehive-netui-tags.jar. There are no config options that I'm
aware of to change this message specifically so either the property file
in that jar would need to be modified or you could implement a custom
pager. The custom class would extend an existing NetUI PagerRenderer
such as the PreviousNextPagerRenderer class and just need to override
the noDataRender() method.

Maybe others on this list have some creative solutions.

Good luck,

View raw message