beehive-user mailing list archives

From sourmugster <>
Subject Jdbc Control - Blob insert
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:28:05 GMT

I'm trying to insert a blob in an Oracle database using a JDBCControl. What
is the best way to accomplish this. Assume I have the following

public static class Foo{
    public String id;
    public Blob xml;
@SQL(statement="INSERT INTO Foo (id, xml) VALUES ({id} ,{xml})
public int addUser(String id, Blob xml ) throws SQLException;

I've created an implementation class that calls the addUser() method in the
JDBC Control.

Do I have to use Oracle's empty_blob() function to insert an empty blob
before inserting the actual xml. If so, how can this be done? Or are there
other possibilities f.i. use a byte[] as type instead of the sql.Blob

All tips, tricks, samples are welcome...
Thx in advance.

Sent from the Beehive - User mailing list archive at

View raw message