beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: Using Controls in an EJB
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:58:44 GMT
Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, there's no support in Beehive for calling/using
controls from within EJBs. I'm not the expert on this but I think the
problem is that there's no way of hooking in to initialize the
container context, like can be done with a Servlet Filter for calling
controls from a Servlet or JSP.

Was the email you're referring to about using the
ControlTestContainerContext to instantiate a control in a POJO?
I don't think this is supported though and may be very difficult to
make work for EJBs.

Kind regards,

On 10/2/07, Burgess, Benjamin <> wrote:
> Beehive gurus,
> We are using BEA WebLogic Portal 10 and loving Beehive.  Specifically,
> the Web Service Control (not really officially Beehive yet) makes
> communicating with Web Services so much easier.  In Portal, there is an
> EJB that you write for the sake of gathering data into a User Unified
> Profile (UUP).  The data that we need to access for the UUP is from a
> Web Service for which we already have a Control.  Is there any way that
> we could call the Control from within our UUP EJB?  I know I have seen
> mail on the list about using a test context or something for calling a
> Control from outside a page flow.  Would that work?  Is there a better
> way?  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
> Ben
> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended
> for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
> You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
> the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

View raw message