beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Sudhansu Pati" <>
Subject beehive 1.0.2 netui-data:repeater tab order issue
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:20:51 GMT
Description of the tab order problem we are facing
In our application we are using netui:data repeaters to display the
values from arraylist or array (which contains values from the
database). We have an issue regarding its usage that has been explained
There are 2 netui:data repeaters in a jsp, call them as A and B, each of
them having 10 values.Now when we use tab key to move, the tab order
goes through all the 10 values of Data repeater A and then it moves to
the Data repeater B and covers all 10 values. The user wants the cursor
to move to the first value of Data repeater A on first tab hit and on
second tab it should go to 1st value of Data repeater B. Similarly third
tab press should go to 2nd value of data repeater A and 4th to 2nd value
of Data repeater B.
Our understanding of the problem
In our below example, we fetch the list of values and store in string
array strAccountPurchaseSize. This string array is populated with values
from database in DAO classes. The repeater tag binds to this array and
starts rendering its body. After the repeater completes one complete
iteration, the repeater for the next column starts rendering the page.
Hence the tab order also works in the same manner as the way the
repeater renders the data.

dataSource="{actionForm.strAccountPurchaseSize}" ignoreNulls="true" >
<netui:textBox  tagId="account" dataSource="{container.item}" size="30"
style="font-family:verdana;font-size:8pt" />

Things we have already tried
We tried setting tabindex property of data repeaters. Still the tab
order goes across the rows of the first column and then moves to the
first row of the second column.