beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Hammer" <>
Subject RE: Issue in tab order of netui:data repeaters
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:15:03 GMT
What does the generated HTML look like?  Can you verify that the proper
numbers are being inserted into the rendered HTML?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:54 AM
Subject: Issue in tab order of netui:data repeaters

Can anyone help us on this issue?

Description of the tab order problem we are facing

In our application we are using netui:data repeaters to display the
values from arraylist or array (which contains values from the
database). We have an issue regarding its usage that has been explained

There are 2 netui:data repeaters in a jsp, call them as A and B, each of
them having 10 values.Now when we use tab key to move, the tab order
goes through all the 10 values of Data repeater A and then it moves to
the Data repeater B and covers all 10 values. The user wants the cursor
to move to the first value of Data repeater A on first tab hit and on
second tab it should go to 1st value of Data repeater B. Similarly third
tab press should go to 2nd value of data repeater A and 4th to 2nd value
of Data repeater B.

Our understanding of the problem

In our below example, we fetch the list of values and store in string
array strAccountPurchaseSize. This string array is populated with values
from database in DAO classes. The repeater tag binds to this array and
starts rendering its body. After the repeater completes one complete
iteration, the repeater for the next column starts rendering the page.
Hence the tab order also works in the same manner as the way the
repeater renders the data.

dataSource="{actionForm.strAccountPurchaseSize}" ignoreNulls="true" >
<netui:textBox  tagId="account" dataSource="{container.item}" size="30"
style="font-family:verdana;font-size:8pt" />

Things we have already tried:

1.	We tried defining page flow variables in jsp and the variable
was incremented for every page loading.

private int tabIndexA = -1;

private int tabIndexB = 0;

public int getTabIndexA() {

tabIndexA = tabIndexA + 2;

return tabIndexA;

public int getTabIndexB() {

tabIndexB = tabIndexB + 2;

return tabIndexB;

Then in the repeater tag include the tabindex attribute using an
expression to get the desired tab index value. For example,

<netui:textBox ... tabindex="${pageFlow.tabIndexA}">

<netui:textBox ... tabindex="${pageFlow.tabIndexB}">

2.	We tried setting tabindex property of data repeaters. Still the
tab order goes across the rows of the first column and then moves to the
first row of the second column.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.