beehive-user mailing list archives

From Lucio Crusca <>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 00:18:23 GMT
Hello *,

I'm new to Beehive and, before starting with it, I'd like to understand a few
things. Please forgive me if my questions seem silly, there's a chance I have
not fully understood what Beehive actually is...

1. How mature is this project? (I've seen it's incubator page)
2. How active is it?
3. How many people are using it? (someone, hundreds, thousands, ...)
4. I've seen on the wiki the 1st item in the feature wishlist. Integration
with J2EE Appserver. Does that mean that Beehive is not usable in production
together with Geronimo or JBoss?  Or does that mean that I will lack
important features like entity beans and ORM?
5. Is Beehive tied to Struts or is MyFaces pluggable into Beehive?
6. Is Beehive a suitable framework to develop a little e-commerce website?

Thanks in advance,

Virtual Bit di Lucio Crusca
via Isonzo, 5
10069 - Villar Perosa (TO)