beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: HttpSession size
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:22:53 GMT
Hi Bharat,

I was just looking at this some more and think I understand what
you're looking at. The Struts ActionForm base class has the reference
to the ActionServlet (in this case the PageFlowActionServlet). But
this reference does not increase the size of a user session
dramatically. Each ActionForm would just have a reference to the same
ActionServlet object in memory. There's just one PageFlowActionServlet
instance in memory for the web app, not one per ActionForm or session.

Maybe check for the objects that are stored in your page flow to see
if they contribute to the size of the session as well as the number of
session scoped beans and what they contain.

On 8/16/07, Carlin Rogers <> wrote:
> Hi Bharat,
> How are you using DynaActionForms in your page flows? Are you defining
> them with a struts config file that you merge into your page flow? And
> is the form-bean type="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DynaFormData"
> in the config file? And do you explicitly set the <action> element
> scope to session for the merged config?
> There is an example of using dynamic form beans in a page flow in the
> netui-samples of the Beehive distribution. See the Controller and
> struts config file in...
> <BEEHIVE_HOME>/samples/netui-samples/src/advanced/dynaforms/
> Note that in the NetUI framework, one page flow controller gets saved
> to the session as the current page flow. When a user navigates to
> another page flow, the first is destroyed and the new page flow
> replaces it in the session. And if any action forms are session scoped
> they will be on the user session. However, I'm not sure how your
> "DynaActionForms have reference to the PageFlowActionServlet".
> Kind regards,
> Carlin
> On 8/10/07, Bharat Gandhari <> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >    We are using Beehive page flows in our application.  The
> > DynaActionForms are being put into HttpSession to maintain state. The
> > DynaActionForms have reference to the PageFlowActionServlet which in
> > turn has references to Handlers and other heavy objects. Because of this
> > the HttpSession size is 20-25MB more. Is there a way to keep the
> > HttpSession size low?
> >

> > Thank you
> >
> > Bharat
> >

> > Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
 of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

View raw message