beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: HttpSession size
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:46:30 GMT
Hi Bharat,

How are you using DynaActionForms in your page flows? Are you defining
them with a struts config file that you merge into your page flow? And
is the form-bean type="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DynaFormData"
in the config file? And do you explicitly set the <action> element
scope to session for the merged config?

There is an example of using dynamic form beans in a page flow in the
netui-samples of the Beehive distribution. See the Controller and
struts config file in...

Note that in the NetUI framework, one page flow controller gets saved
to the session as the current page flow. When a user navigates to
another page flow, the first is destroyed and the new page flow
replaces it in the session. And if any action forms are session scoped
they will be on the user session. However, I'm not sure how your
"DynaActionForms have reference to the PageFlowActionServlet".

Kind regards,

On 8/10/07, Bharat Gandhari <> wrote:
> Hi
>    We are using Beehive page flows in our application.  The
> DynaActionForms are being put into HttpSession to maintain state. The
> DynaActionForms have reference to the PageFlowActionServlet which in
> turn has references to Handlers and other heavy objects. Because of this
> the HttpSession size is 20-25MB more. Is there a way to keep the
> HttpSession size low?
> Thank you
> Bharat
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.

View raw message