beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Hoying, Ken" <>
Subject RE: Question from Non-Beehive User
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:16:51 GMT
Hi Carlin,

Thank you for your response.  Sorry for my delayed response as I was on

I have not made any further progress on this issue and am quite honestly
not sure where to take it from here as I know nothing about beehive.
This board and its members were really my last resort.

The STRUTS2 application is a separate application deployment but is
running in the same container.  The Beehive application seems to always
deploy and operate just fine.  However when it is present, the Struts2
application will not load the specifed parser and returns the previously
mentioned error.  The beehive application in question is actually the
Weblogic administration console application.  This makes it all the more

Thank you,

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlin Rogers []
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 1:29 AM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: Question from Non-Beehive User

Hi Ken,

Have you gotten any further on this issue? Did you notice any other
error messages in the log that precede the one you mentioned?

The Beehive NetUI error message indicates that normal NetUI
initialization has not occurred correctly. The call to get the
AdapterManager.getServletContainerAdapter() to get the
ServletContainerAdapter (WebLogicServletContainerAdapter in your case)
from the servlet context. However, since NetUI was not initialized as
expected, the ServletContainerAdapter is not yet cached as an attribute
on the servlet context and the error is reported. However, the
AdapterManager will still try to get an instance of a
ServletContainerAdapter and carry on.

I'm not sure why the struts.multipart.parser configuration setting would
impact the initialization. Is the Struts 2 application in a separate web
app deployment? When the Struts 2 app is removed / undeployed, does the
Beehive NetUI app deploy correctly?

Kind regards,

On 6/21/07, Hoying, Ken <> wrote:
> Please pardon my ignorance, but I am not currently a Beehive user and
> am not really very familiar with its architecture or even with what it

> does. Unfortunately, though it is causing me tremendous headaches and
> I was hoping that someone on this list might be able to assist me.
> My problem is that I have an application that runs on the same
> WebLogic application server as a Beehive application and the Beehive
> application does not appear to be playing nicely with my app and I
> cannot figure out why.
> We are seeing the following error when starting up the Weblogic
> ERROR org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.internal.AdapterManager :
> ServletContainerAdapter manager not initialized correctly.
> The error seems to be happening as a result of a struts2 configuration

> setting in our application which allows us to set a class to handle
> MulitPart Requests:
> struts.multipart.parser=mypackage.MyMultiPartRequest
> If we do not have the Beehive application running on the server, all
> appears to be well and our MyMultiPartRequest parser is being called
> appropriately.  If the Beehive application is installed on the server
> then we get the aforementioned error and our MyMultiPartRequest parser

> is not being called.
> Does anyone know why this is happening and, even better, how to fix
> the problem?  Is there anything that we can do or does Beehive just
> not play nicely with others?  Or is it maybe Struts2 that is not
> playing nicely with others?
> Thanks in advance!
> ***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
> and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you

> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of

> communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by
> replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

> Premier Inc.

View raw message