beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Михаил Noofiz" <>
Subject Re: handling all requests
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 17:49:05 GMT
I`am a PHP programmer, but I learnt java. Now I want to learn web programming in java. I was
looking for somthing like mod_rewrite. ;)
I understood that NetUI is not the same, its more powerfull.
As I`ve written in my previous letter. I want to have url:
I`am not keen on NetUI. Tell me if you know better ways to reach it.

>Hi there,
>Just curious, why do you want all requests to go through the same
>action? This doesn't really fit the model of NetUI and page flows.
>With NetUI, the Page Flow Controller class centralizes navigation
>logic, state, metadata, and exception handling and allows you to
>create modular  "page flows". If there's some request handling you
>want to perform before forwarding on to the desired actions, you could
>use a servlet filter. You might also look at the support for request
>interceptors in NetUI.
>Your web.xml "/*" <servlet-mapping> has all request, including
>presentation JSP, etc. all going to the page flow action servlet. The
>configuration of the action servlet should just be for the actions.
>Kind regards,
>On 4/28/07, noofiz <> wrote:
>> Hello.
>> How can I make one controller class`s action(not simple) to handle all
>> requests for a web application?
>> For example, I want to have
>> localhost/users/your_login
>> instead
>> localhost/
>> or for example:
>> localhost/page1/param1/param2/param3/
>> The firs thing I`ve tried:
>>     <servlet>
>>         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>>         <servlet-class>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowActionServlet</servlet-class>
>>         <init-param>
>>             <param-name>config</param-name>
>>             <param-value>/_pageflow/struts-config.xml</param-value>
>>         </init-param>
>>         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
>>     </servlet>
>>     <servlet-mapping>
>>         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>>     </servlet-mapping>
>> I thought the begin action will be called.
>> But I`ve got an exception, unfortunately I cant place full stack trace now.
>> Thanks.

Найдите своих одноклассников:

View raw message