beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: handling all requests
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:30:25 GMT
Hi there,

Just curious, why do you want all requests to go through the same
action? This doesn't really fit the model of NetUI and page flows.
With NetUI, the Page Flow Controller class centralizes navigation
logic, state, metadata, and exception handling and allows you to
create modular  "page flows". If there's some request handling you
want to perform before forwarding on to the desired actions, you could
use a servlet filter. You might also look at the support for request
interceptors in NetUI.

Your web.xml "/*" <servlet-mapping> has all request, including
presentation JSP, etc. all going to the page flow action servlet. The
configuration of the action servlet should just be for the actions.

Kind regards,

On 4/28/07, noofiz <> wrote:
> Hello.
> How can I make one controller class`s action(not simple) to handle all
> requests for a web application?
> For example, I want to have
> localhost/users/your_login
> instead
> localhost/
> or for example:
> localhost/page1/param1/param2/param3/
> The firs thing I`ve tried:
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>         <servlet-class>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowActionServlet</servlet-class>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>config</param-name>
>             <param-value>/_pageflow/struts-config.xml</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
>     </servlet>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
> I thought the begin action will be called.
> But I`ve got an exception, unfortunately I cant place full stack trace now.
> Thanks.

View raw message