beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: Problem with login/logout
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:10:22 GMT
Hi Ola,

Yes, you are correct. You will need to override the default behavior
by extending the DefaultServletContainerAdapter class. Some of the
features in NetUI depend on container-specific capabilities. The
following document briefly explains how to write your adapter and set
it up so NetUI "discovers" your adapter class as a service...

The API Javadoc for the ServletContainerAdapter interface also
contains information that may be helpful...

Sounds like you already have a WebSphere / Geronimo specific adapter
but if needed, you could look at the existing ServletContainerAdapter
implementation and helper classes for tomcat that is in SVN.

Kind regards,

On 3/12/07, Ola Ödling <> wrote:
> Hi.
> Trying desperately to find any useful information about how to handle
> login/logout-methods
> in the Controller-class in Beehive. I'm running on WebSphere Application
> Server Community
> Edition Version 1 (built on top of Geronimo), and have created an WebApp and
> installed
> Beehive. The PageFlows I've build are working. I have even created a login
> form (using
> <security-constraint>, <login-config> etc in web.xml), and I can login
> through that
> mechanism with no problem.
> However, when logging out I naturally want to use the logout-method in
> Controller class,
> it just give me an Exception:
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: logout is not supported by
> org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DefaultServletContainerAdapter
> When fooling around with the login method in Controller class, I get the
> same Exception.
> I've tried to find information (searching Internet, IBM and on
> how to override
> this default behaviour, but so far I have not found enough info to make a
> solution.
> My best guess so far is to supersede the DefaultServletContainerAdapter
> class, but I still
> don't know how to connect to the login/logout behaviour existing in
> WebSphere/Geronimo from
> my superseding class.
> Is there anyone here that knows a solution, or can direct me to any resource
> describing
> a solution to my problem?
> Thanks,
> Ola