beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <>
Subject Nested Data Grid
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:28:20 GMT
Is it possible to nest a data grid tag inside of another one?  I tried
using a templateCell like this:

<netui-data:dataGrid name="outerListGrid"

      <netui-data:configurePager disableDefaultPager="true" />

            <netui-data:headerCell headerText="Field 1" />

            <netui-data:spanCell value="${container.item.field1}" />

                  <netui-data:dataGrid name="innerListGrid"

But this throws an exception: Unable to find a dataGridModel in the

I am thinking this is because there would be multiple datagrids created
with the same name.  So I tried to change the inner name to
"innerListGrid${container.index}" to guarantee uniqueness, but it
complains that "This attribute does not support request time values."

Is it possible?  Or if I want to nest, do I just have to settle with the
repeater tag (which nests just fine)?

Ben Burgess