beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: Validation in Java Code
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:28:30 GMT
Yes, you have a couple of options. In NetUI there is a Validatable
interface with a validate() method that is called when data is posted
to a page flow action that takes the given bean as its argument (and
the action has validation turned on by including the
validationErrorForward in the @Jpf.Action annotation). If your bean
extends a Struts ActionForm, you could override its validate() method.

Kind regards,

On 12/13/06, Trond Andersen <> wrote:
> I've browsed the documentation regarding validation:
> but my current need is much more fine grained validation than what the
> annotation can give me. Example: I need to check if value X is set in
> the FormBean the validation rules for Y might be different than if X =
> null.
> Is it possible to have an "old-school" validate method in the FormBean
> which can be used when the annotation doesn't provide enough fine
> grained control?
> Thanks
> ------ Trond Andersen

View raw message