beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject Re: DataGrid state
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:54:40 GMT

  Yes; just create a DataGridState object using the
DataGridStateFactory.  This will capture the state from the URL for
the current page, sorts, and filters in a JavaBean that can be stored
in a Page Flow, in session, etc.

  There is example code for this here:

There is also a sample of this in:

Once a DataGridState object exists, it can be used to populate sort /
filter / paging UI.  It should also be possible to set an existing
DataGridState object on a dataGrid, though this isn't easy to do and
requires building a custom DataGridConfig object.  This should be
simpler -- feel free to create an enhancement in JIRA for this.

On 11/29/06, <> wrote:
> Is there any elegant way to keep the DataGrid state in pageflow/session scope between
multiple URL requests?
> If we click on the paging and sorting links, datagrid state is constructed from the values
passed as URL parameters in the paging action and sorting action
> Normally a page contains lot other things than the Data Grid.
> I had a paginated datagrid  and had hyperlinks outside of the datagrid. When I click
on any hyperlinks outside of the datagrid, it resets the datgrid state to go the first page.
> Thank You
> Srinivas

View raw message