beehive-user mailing list archives

Subject How to package tag libraries with deployable WAR
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:06:26 GMT

I realize that this question is not directly related to using Beehive - but
since it has to do with using tag libraries, i was hoping to get some help
from the Beehive forum. Posting this in BEA's JSP forum( has not
resulted in any responses so far.

My application uses JSPs which have taglibs. The taglibs use absolute URIs( I noticed that if the JAR which would
resolve this taglib, which is standard.jar, were to be placed in the
<domain>/lib folder of the WLS domain, the application would not be able to
resolve it. WLS includes all JARs in its <domain>/lib folder in its
 If i packaged the standard.jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the WAR file,
the application worked fine. I have some other taglibs which refer to and jsf/core - these seem to be resolved fine
by placing the jsf-impl.jar in the <domain>/lib folder.
Would one typically package these JARs in the webapp WAR file?

View raw message