beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Hammer" <>
Subject Is it Possible to Dynamically Set Annotation Valuess for EJB Control?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:30:46 GMT
I have a need to access EJBs deployed on a different domain from a Beehive pageflow in a WebLogic
Portal 9.2 application.  I am currently using an EJB control to do so.  As long as I code
the providerURL and credentials at design time, this is not a problem.
I am interested in a way to set those values at runtime such that I can configure the values
for a deployment of my portal application without having to modify my EAR.  As an alternative,
I could use the ServiceLocator pattern, but I thought I'd test this path first.
1. Is it actually possible to specify annotation values for EJB controls at runtime?  Specifically,
the values in the EJBControl.JNDIContextEnv annotation.
2. Where in the Beehive control or pageflow lifecycles may I safely set such values?
PS - I am new to this list, so I apologize if this has been answered in the past.  I was unable
to find a search for the archives.
Scott Hammer
Principal Consultant
BEA Systems, Inc.