beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: beehive message resources problem, can I define a message resources factory class?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:07:17 GMT
Hi Balazs,

Yes, this looks like a hole in the current set of annotations. You
could open an Apache Beehive JIRA improvement for this issue.

The workaround would be to have a simple struts module config file
that contains the desired <message-resources> element. Then on your
Controller annotation set the strutsMerge attribute with the path to
your struts module config. This will merge in the <message-resources>
element into the generated struts module config for the page flow

Hope that helps,

On 10/11/06, <> wrote:
> I have the following problem:
> I implemented my web application with message resources
> which are queried dinamically from a database. I use Struts
> and my struts-config.xml contains the following row:
>     <message-resources factory="com.myapp.MessageResourcesFactory" key="
> org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" parameter=""/>
> I implemented this factory class, and a class
> which extends the org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources
> class. This works fine. I can retrieve the message from database.
> Now I'm trying to use Beehive and
> can't find the annotation(s) for solving this problem!
> Shall I edit the struts-config xmls manually?
> This wouldn't be nice!:(
> Thank you in advance!
> Best regards!
> Balazs