beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: Too much information being logged by Beehive, a way to turn it down?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:32:55 GMT
Hi Tim,

The Beehive NetUI Logger class leverages commons-logging to create loggers
for NetUI messages. You could configure your logging such that the
PageFlowRequestProcessor is logged at a warning or error level and leave the
rest of your app at info level logging.

The internal default logger for NetUI uses log4j. You could add a
WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml file to your NetUI web app that has an entry
specific for the PageFlowRequestProcessor. Something like...

  <category name="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor
    <priority value="warn"/>
    <appender-ref ref="BEEHIVE_CONSOLE_LOG"/>

...where "BEEHIVE_CONSOLE_LOG" is the desired appender you define.

You can also open a request in JIRA to change the log level of the shared
flow message you identified from info to debug or trace.

On a side note, it would be great to hear about what you're doing with AJAX
and NetUI integration. Based on posts to this list in the past about AJAX,
some of the other beehive users and devs might be interested in what you're
doing. What framework are you using on the client?

Kind regards,