beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Carlin Rogers" <>
Subject Re: Can I remove this ServletContainerAdapter error log?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:23:17 GMT
Hi Terry,

It looks like you've configured your custom ServletContainerAdapter
correctly, based on the debug message stating that a resource was found for
your implementation of the ServletContainerAdapter.

The error message indicates that in the deployment or use of your
application, there is a call being made to
AdapterManager.getServletContainerAdapter() before the call to
AdapterManager.initServletContext(). The initServletContext() routine
instantiates the ServletContainerAdapter (that you defined via the
META-INF/services) and adds it as an attribute to the servlet context. This
initialization happens via the PageFlowContextListener (a
ServletContextListener that can be registered as a listener in the web.xml)
or during the init() method of the PageFlowActionServlet and

With the beehive source, you might be able to determine what is making the
call to
AdapterManager.getServletContainerAdapter() while the servlet state is such
that the initialization has not completed. There's info logging in
PageFlowContextListener that may help as well.

After the error message you noted is logged, the AdapterManager will
continue on and instantiate the desired ServletContainerAdapter.

Kind regards,