beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremiah Johnson" <>
Subject curious behavior with href that contains a %
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:25:39 GMT
My observation is that href in netui:anchor and at least one of the
netui-data tags is specifically 'encoding' the % if it appears.  It
seems to me that either the value in href should be fully encoded or the
% should be left as is.

Here is an attempt at a simplified example:
--- clip from
	@Jpf.Action(forwards = { @Jpf.Forward(name = "success", path =
"index.jsp") })
	protected Forward begin() {
		return new Forward("success");

I take that reserved stuff and put that in a netui:label and
netui:anchor and see that it is altered in the netui:anchor.

--- clip from index.jsp
		<netui:label value="${reserved}" />

So the value of href in the page rendered to the browser is

I expected either the same result as what is in one of the labels, but
only the % is changed.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong or
have incorrect expectations?

Thank you.

- jeremiah
by email and then delete it.