beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Seears, Tim B" <>
Subject Too much information being logged by Beehive, a way to turn it down?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:13:43 GMT
I've been using Beehive on the Sun Java App Server 8.1 for a while now
but there's something which is increasingly causing me a problem, and I
couldn't find any answer in the docs/faq/tutorials.
Beehive seems to produce a lot of unnecessary log entries, and now I'm
making extensive use of AJAX to commnicate to the client behind the
scenes, the log is filling up with too much unwanted information.  The
main culprit is log lines like:
to instantiate SharedFlowControllers for request
The "attempting to instantiate SharedFlowControllers" log info message
appears on every request, for every action, (not just the first time
after a restart) and I'm not even using any shared flow controllers!
Since some of my AJAX xml requests are called every 1 second in the
background, for every user logged in, this is a lot of log entries!
Is there a way to disable these non-error log messages in beehive, or
turn it down to a quieter level?  I don't want to disable the INFO log
level on the server because it is required for other things.  Surely the
above kind of message should be logged as FINE?