beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Beohar, Vaibhav" <>
Subject Doubts on Apache Beehive.
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:04:39 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have a set of questions that I need to get clarified before I can put
forth a proposal of implementing Beehive in my company's web based project
(If I do propose the usage of Beehive and if there are problems later on,
I'm the one who's going to get a lot of flak for it), so please do help.

The application is an N Tier web-application with current proposal of using
Struts, Validation framework (with both user defined validations and the
ones included in validation-rules.xml), DynaActionFormBeans etc. for
front-end and session fa├žade, service locater, helper classes etc. in the
middle tier and Stateless session beans and Abstract Factory DAOs for the
back end.
1)	One of the chief reasons for the scepticism over Beehive is that
folks think that Beehive splits the controller (in different controller
files) which makes the effort of tracking from one flow to other that more
tough. Whereas Struts has a central struts-config.xml file which can be
easily used for tracking the flow, there is no such single file in Beehive
and this could lead to more time in tracking the flows than in Struts.
2)	Beehive does not have a configuration file which could be changed
without the need for compilation. Such files go a long way in meeting
customer demands in case of a quick business flow change. For example, in
Struts a change in scenario A to scenario B [JSP flow] will be so easily
changeable by tweaking some tags in struts-config.xml here and there,
whereas in Beehive the same activity may lead to multiple sub-activities
like tracking the flow in individual Java Controller files, changing the
Java code and their subsequent compilation.
3)	Can we make DynaActionFormBeans in Beehive or do we have to make
explicit Java Beans as form beans each time a flow is decided.
4) 	Can we use a validation framework with user defined validations.
5) 	How easy or tough is the task of rendering internationalized message
in Beehive.