beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Ture Hoefner" <>
Subject RE: using non-default MessageBundle with Jpf.ValidatableProperty
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:04:44 GMT

Thanks Rich,
  I have a ton of message keys delimited by '.', so I am going to use an
alternative to binding expressions such as

  I can now see the bundleName attribute on the Jpf.ValidateRequired
annotation (thanks).  However, I still don't see how to set bundleName
for the Jpf.ValidatableProperty annotation.  Maybe the
ValidatableProperty annotation was meant to have a bundleName attribute
but it got missed?

  In any case, I found a workaround that works.  I use an annotation on
my form bean.  It's not ideal because I'd rather keep the message bundle
annotation with the base flow controller, but this is fine for now:

public class RepositoryConfigForm extends FormData

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Feit []
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:31 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: using non-default MessageBundle with

Hi Ture,

You should be able to get what you need by using the 'displayName' and
'message' attributes instead of 'displayNameKey' and 'messageKey'.  The
former two can accept literal strings or expressions; the latter two
simply refer directly to messages in a message bundle.  ** Note that
you'd need to use something other than '.' in your message key names --
the expression language will try to bind into properties through each
'.' **

One alternative would be to use the 'bundleName' attribute in
conjunction with 'messageKey'/'displayName', e.g.,

Either way should work -- let me know.

View raw message