beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Rudnick" <>
Subject pageflow question...
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:20:25 GMT
I am working with someone that has the following issue - can you all
please give me somethoughts on this one?

A pageflow is entered at the begin method:

@Jpf.Action(forwards = {

    @Jpf.Forward(name = "success_mail", path = "messageDetails.jsp",

        outputFormBeanType = ObjectA.class ),

    @Jpf.Forward(name = "success_read_report", path =

        outputFormBeanType = ObjectB.class )

    } )

protected   Forward begin

ObjectA    form

Depending on what happens during the method, I will need to pass on an
instance of ObjectA or ObjectB to my JSP. ObjectB extends ObjectA. At
the end of my begin action, I have the following statement:

    if( form instanceof ObjectB )

        return new Forward( "success_read_report",  form );

        return new Forward( "success_mail", form );

The problem is that when I get to my JSP, all of the fields in my form
are empty if I passed in the instance of ObjectB. If I pass ObjectA,
then everything's fine. It's almost like it really, really wants an
instance of ObjectA and if it doesn't get one, it re-instantiates the
form bean. I have even tried the following:

    if( form instanceof ReadReport )

        ObjectB objectB = new ObjectB();

        return new Forward( "success_read_report", objectB );

        return new Forward( "success_mail", form );

But that still doesn't work. I'm thinking that because I enter the
pageflow begin action with a parameter of ObjectA, that's locking me in.
Any ideas here?