beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremiah Johnson" <>
Subject Handlers and Oneway WebMethod
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:49:43 GMT
I am using build from SVN a couple days ago.

I have observed that my Handlers behave differently on WebMethods using Oneway annotation
than WebMethods without the annotation.  The behavior that I was expecting was that the init
and handleRequest methods would be called, but not the handleResponse (and I hadn't thought
about destroy - probably should be called).  My observation is that the handler for the oneway
method is not always called; when the handler is called, the handlerResponse method is called
- I don't think that this is correct.

Is my expectation correct that the handler on a oneway should have the init, handleRequest,
and destroy methods called, but not the handleResponse?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before - I had déjà vu when writing this email, but
I couldn't find any threads that looked relevant in the email archives.

- jeremiah

Jeremiah Johnson

Sr Software Engineer
Phone: 303.998.2174 <>