beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject Re: using controls, path flow and webservices in one project
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:03:02 GMT

   Yeah -- I've gotten lazy about nightlies.  :)

   But, the samples/petstoreWeb/build.xml file for the most recent one
you've got should be fine.  It worked this way for the v1m1 release.

   You may need to split some of your source files up in order to
resolve build issues with them -- just depends on how your dependencies

   I often structure projects as:

so that the dependencies can run from the top-to-bottom in that order.

James Black wrote:
> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>>  Take a look at the samples/petstoreWeb/build.xml Ant file which builds
>>all of those source artifacts (web services, controls, and page flows)
>>using *only* the .java file extensions.
>>  I tend to encourage breaking your web services up from the rest of the
>>Beehive source artifacts since they often end up running in separate
>>webapps, though the build should work either way.
>>  You may need to tweak the source paths depending on how you have your
>>webapp structured and what your dependencies are, but it should be a
>>good start.
>   I am d/l the latest code from subversion now, as the latest nightly is
> a bit dated, it appears.
>   I will look at the petstore example and see though.
>   Since there is a great deal of similar classes between my webservices
> and the rest of my webapp I found it easier to just keep them together,
> as they form one webapp with more than one entry point.
> - --
> "Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
> James Black
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -
> iD8DBQFC286qikQgpVn8xrARAofUAJ9lm/fKbR4zGvrGPMVJegOnqBD4GQCeJ6gq
> NlYaDrjvBwTnjaRLs28X6vY=
> =LK4D

View raw message