beehive-user mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <>
Subject Re: how would I create a page with many buttons or links, that goes back to itself
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:08:00 GMT
Hi James,

Sorry for the delay.  Just to make sure I understand, when you click on
the image, you want it to fill in a value in a textbox without
submitting the page?  That would look something like this:

        <netui:imageAnchor src="someimage.jpg" href=""
this)).value='got it'; return false;"/>

        <netui:form action="submit">
            foo: <netui:textBox dataSource="" tagId="foo"/>
            <netui:button value="submit"/>

lookupIdByTagId() is a NetUI-generated function that lets you find an
element that you'd assigned a tagId.  Let me know if this isn't what you
were looking for.

James Black wrote:

> I have a page that could have 250 images on it. The page is a graphic
> representation of open use labs at my university.
> When a lab assistant clicks on a computer image, I want to put the name
> of the computer into a form, at the bottom of the page, so they can
> enter the name of the user to assign the computer to.
> So, I have a form at the bottom of the page, and perhaps many
> imageAnchor tags.
> How can I put in the name of the computer into the actionForm for the
> form at the bottom of the page?
> I hope my question makes sense.
> Thank you for any suggestions.

View raw message