beehive-user mailing list archives

From Daryl Olander <>
Subject Re: beehive 2 and ajax
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:12:10 GMT
Thanks Adam,

We are just starting the process of looking at the post 1.0 release
and AJAX is one of the features we will start working toward.  In the
next month or so, we should begin to talk more about the approach and
design for AJAX and if we use client side libraries or develop it
ourselves.  In addition, we need to figure out a set of features and
how we integrate those along with the infrastructure necessary.  We
actually have a bit of that infrastructure in place because the Tree
uses AJAX today.  We've also played around a bit with calling Actions
from XmlHttpRequest and returning results.  Obviously, we would love
the client side, pageflows and tags to be tightly integrated to
support a rich set of features (like the Tree today), the data grid
and the other expected features people are using.

Out of curiosity, what set of features are you finding most useful in
your development?

You are more than welcome to send any ideas, experiences, requirements
you think we should address.  Thanks for the pointers.

On 7/28/05, Adam Jenkins <> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I saw on the wiki for beehive 2 that ajax (xml http) was on the cards.
> May i suggest it be updated to include full support for the rails client
> side libraries:
> I'm using them in the app I'm currently building and they absolutely
> rock...and rico has a cool ajax component.  I think they all release
> under an apache license.
> Cheers
> Adam

View raw message