beehive-user mailing list archives

From Eddie ONeil <>
Subject Re: What exactly does 1.0m1 mean?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:17:42 GMT

  This is a great question.  Projects in the Apache Incubator don't do
"official" Apache releases as per:

That being said, the Beehive 1.0m1 release is something that we're
comfortable having users building stable applications upon, and for
Controls + NetUI, I'd expect that we'll have few changes as we move
toward a 1.0 (Incubating) release of Beehive.

  WSM will continue to evolve given that the JSR 181 specification has
yet to complete and ship a final version.

  Contrary to the name, this is actually our third release -- alpha,
beta, and 1.0m1.

  We've talked about a subsequent Beehive (Incubating) 1.0 release in
this thread if you're interested:

Hope that helps!

On 6/11/05, DeHamer, Brian <> wrote:
> Trying to figure out what exactly is meant by the "1.0m1" label -- is
> this the "official", "production-ready" release of Beehive 1.0?  Or will
> this be followed by a 1.0m2 release at some point?  I'm not familiar
> with this milestone terminology, is it unique to Apache incubator
> projects?  Thanks.
> Brian DeHamer

View raw message