beehive-user mailing list archives

From Carlin Rogers <>
Subject Re: Netui ServletContainerAdapter and instantiate SharedFlowControllers messages
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:18:40 GMT
Hi Sunny Yee,

The first start up message is just saying that you do not have
a container specific adapter configured. The ServletContainerAdapter
interface in org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow allows you to
plug in different containers. The following javadoc explains
how the adapters are "discovered".

There is a Tomcat version in the src trunk...

The message that you are running without the URL template descriptor
file is not a problem. It is just informational. Beehive supports
a mechanism to format rewritten URLs in the output of the NetUI tags.
For instance, a URL template may have a hard coded port or server
name (maybe for a proxy server front end). You do not need to have
this file in an application.

The "using default expression evaluator..." message is also a one
time info message. Expression languages can be configured in the
beehive-netui-config.xml file. Your application may not even
have this configuration file. This message is not an error
unless you've configured your app with another expression
language ExpressionEngineFactory. Different languages may
implement the ExpressionEvaluator interface  to expose the
language for use in the NetUI JSP tags.

Hope this helps.

On 6/27/05, Yee, Sunny K <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone shed some light on the cause of these 2 different messages to
> the tomcat console?  Even though I get these errors, my page comes up
> fine.   I don't reference any shared flows in my controller class.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Sunny Yee
> Hewlett-Packard Co.
> I get this message when tomcat starts up.
> - No ServletContainerAdapter specified or discovered; using class
> org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DefaultServletContainerAdapter
> - Running without URL template descriptor,
> /WEB-INF/beehive-url-template-config.Xml
> I get this message after I requests a URL.
> - Attempting to instantiate SharedFlowControllers for request /
> - Using a default expression evaluator of type
> "org.apache.beehive.netui.script.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImplNetUIELEngine
> Factory"

View raw message