beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Julie Zhuo" <>
Subject RE: Jpf.Validating a string is within a Collection<String>
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:59:16 GMT
Hi Adam,

This seems a good case for @Jpf.ValidateValidWhen annotation. There is a
sample of the @Jpf.ValidateValidWhen under
Take a look at that. I believe this should help you out. Let me know if
you need more help. I should be able to make you a sample if needed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Jenkins []
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 3:44 AM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Jpf.Validating a string is within a Collection<String>

Hi All,

Can anyone offer advice on how I would validate that a value on the
incoming form is contained within a collection?

I have a static method imported to called
getApplicationContext() which gives back a variable of type
ApplicationContext.  This context object contains a bunch of application
configuration information.  One of the methods on it is
getSupportedPlatforms() which gives back a Collection<String> of
supported database platform names.  This is used in a <netui:select> to
populate the options, which works fine, but to ensure that someone
doesn't try to circumvent the system, I want to put a validation on the
actual form method that executes something like:

Is there any way to do this?

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

View raw message