beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Yee, Sunny K" <>
Subject RE: Netui ServletContainerAdapter and instantiate SharedFlowControllers messages
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:52:29 GMT
Hi Carlin,

Thanks for your explanation.  I have a beehive-netui-config.xml with the
expression langauge default factory class
eFactory'.  It wouldn't be so bad but my other webapp didn't produce any
of these errors.   I thought maybe there's some difference in the jars,
but I didn't see any difference there either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlin Rogers []
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 8:19 PM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: Re: Netui ServletContainerAdapter and instantiate
SharedFlowControllers messages

Hi Sunny Yee,

The first start up message is just saying that you do not have a
container specific adapter configured. The ServletContainerAdapter
interface in org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow allows you to plug in
different containers. The following javadoc explains how the adapters
are "discovered".

There is a Tomcat version in the src trunk...

The message that you are running without the URL template descriptor
file is not a problem. It is just informational. Beehive supports a
mechanism to format rewritten URLs in the output of the NetUI tags.
For instance, a URL template may have a hard coded port or server name
(maybe for a proxy server front end). You do not need to have this file
in an application.

The "using default expression evaluator..." message is also a one time
info message. Expression languages can be configured in the
beehive-netui-config.xml file. Your application may not even have this
configuration file. This message is not an error unless you've
configured your app with another expression language
ExpressionEngineFactory. Different languages may implement the
ExpressionEvaluator interface  to expose the language for use in the
NetUI JSP tags.

Hope this helps.

On 6/27/05, Yee, Sunny K <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone shed some light on the cause of these 2 different messages
> to the tomcat console?  Even though I get these errors, my page comes
> fine.   I don't reference any shared flows in my controller class.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Sunny Yee
> Hewlett-Packard Co.
> I get this message when tomcat starts up.
> - No ServletContainerAdapter specified or discovered; using class
> org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DefaultServletContainerAdapter
> - Running without URL template descriptor,
> /WEB-INF/beehive-url-template-config.Xml
> I get this message after I requests a URL.
> - Attempting to instantiate SharedFlowControllers for request /
> - Using a default expression evaluator of type
> "org.apache.beehive.netui.script.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImplNetUIELEngi
> ne
> Factory"

View raw message