beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Michael" <>
Subject PageFlows and FacesMessage
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:16:35 GMT
I'm having trouble displaying messages in a JSF view when using
With the typical JSF application, I can put messages into FacesContext
that will then be displayed using the <h:messages/> tag.  This seems to
work with PageFlows when I do validation or conversion functions that
don't raise PageFlow actions.  However, if I do execute a backing bean
event handler that raises actions, if the action fails and I want to
redisplay the page, the message I add into FacesContext isn't displayed.
For example, I have a login form that raises an action in the associated
PageFlow controller.  If the login is incorrect, the action returns a
forward indicating failure.  The forward includes an action output that
is a simple String containing an error message.  In the onCreate()
method of my backing bean, I call getPageInput(), get the message, and
set a new FacesMessage into the current instance of the FacesContext.
Any insight into this is greatly appreciated.
Mike Arnold