beehive-user mailing list archives

From Eddie ONeil <>
Subject Re: new error, NoSuchMethodError
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 14:08:09 GMT

  Yeah, I hear your pain relative to the cleaning the runtime out of
WEB-INF/lib.  It's something we have to handle in the SVN tree because
(right now) we deploy test webapps in place.

  With a 1.0 release, we should get past the point where cleaning the
runtime would be a big issue because the file names will have

  Also, we've added "beehive-" to all of the JARs, so if you need to
remove the runtime from WEB-INF/lib while leaving other JARs in place,
hopefully an "rm WEB-INF/lib/*.jar" will do the trick.

  Glad that got your app running again.

On 5/7/05, James Black <> wrote:
> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
> >
> >   The other major change that we've made is that the six NetUI JARs have
> > been compacted into two JARs.  The grouping is:
>   One thing that may be usefule for 'ant clean' would be to delete all
> of the old jar files, even those that don't exist anymore, then when it
> recopies the jar files only the correct jar files are present.
>   But, don't just delete WEB-INF/lib, as some other jar files may be
> there that aren't beehive jars, but for the application.
>   I did delete the jar files, and when I did 'ant clean build war' I got
> past the 'no method' problems, so your response was the problem.
>   Thanx.
> - --
> Corruptisima republica plurimae leges. [The more corrupt a republic, the
> more laws.]
> Tacitus from Annals III, 116AD
> Blogs:
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
> iD8DBQFCfWplJ/zyYkX46joRAvnpAJ9GKjFkoaPQh7LcaQXh2HM3oqFlLgCfSLvY
> ZlEbwXRegetjAMDYfn0DpW8=
> =ePZH

View raw message