beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Michael P" <>
Subject netui:select behavior
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 18:33:27 GMT
Hi,  having problem with the netui:select tag.  Trying to display 2
lists with some buttons to move items from 1 list to the other and back
etc.  I'm using the netui:select  as such:

<netui:select multiple="false" dataSource="actionForm.addSelection"
optionsDataSource="${pageFlow.allProjMap}" size="6" />

The pageFlow.allProjMap is a HashMap and displays properly.  Inside the
Form bean I have a String field called addSelection with getter/setter.
2 problems:

1.	If I hit the button to xfer an item, this basically involves
moving it from 1 HashMap to another.  When I remove the "selected" item
from its HashMap (HashMap shows it removed) the HTML page still shows an
entry for that item where the the key and value are the same and the
"selected" attribute appears.  Its as if it does not like you removing
the selected item from the HashMap and then when you redisplay that Map
it adds an entry for that selected item.
2.	If I don't make selections and hit the button,
ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exceptions are thrown, not by my Controller code,
but before it gets in the Controller.  Its as if there needs to be some
selections to update the Form fields or it complains.

I can't get a good feel for this tag usage as the document show a very
simplistic example.

Mike Miller