beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Semyan" <>
Subject RE: having a jsp form return to same jsp page
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 18:00:05 GMT
You can do it that way but I would separate each form into it's own
page. If you use templates the pages can be fairly small and they will
be easier to debug then a single page with a bunch of ifs.

In the PetStore sample, the JPF returns a user to the current form if
some of the data entered is bad, otherwise the user is allowed to
progress to the next step/form. You can see this in the checkout
sequence. I think trying to trap for this with if statements in a single
JSP would be hard.

A final reason for having multiple pages is you can more easily monitor
which pages change as you update code.

Scott Semyan

-----Original Message-----
From: James Black []
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 10:53 AM
To: Beehive Users
Subject: re: having a jsp form return to same jsp page

I am curious if the following would be bad style, for beehive/struts.

User goes to a jsp page with a form.
User fills in the form and submits it.
Controller processes form
Controller forwards user to the form jsp page.
Jsp page shows a different form, using the results of the first form.
Repeat from line 2.

I figure this would be easy to do with <c:if> tags.

I just think that I will end up with lots of jsp pages if I have each
form on it's own page, and the results of the form going to a different

- --
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

View raw message