beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject Re: why use jsf within beehive
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 03:34:13 GMT

   This really depends on whether you *want* to use JSF for your view
layer with Page Flow.  We tend to look at JSF as a UI technology
supporting intra-page events which can be used with Page Flows for
inter-page navigation (application logic).  It is a somewhat different
way of building a webapp.

   If JSF tags / components are something you'd like to use, there are
samples and documentation in the distribution for how to use the MyFaces
and Sun RI JSF implementations.

   If you're comfortable writing JSP and using our tags in conjunction
with JSP 2.0 (including .tag files, the EL, etc), then the NetUI JSP
tags are are great option.  At this point, this is my choice, fwiw.

   Sort of comes down to your preference.  :)

James Black wrote:
> Is there any advantage to using jsf within beehive, rather than just
> using the netui tags?
> - --
> Corruptisima republica plurimae leges. [The more corrupt a republic, the
> more laws.]
> Tacitus from Annals III, 116AD
> Blogs:
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (MingW32)
> iD8DBQFCkm+FJ/zyYkX46joRAsEwAJ40G7b4PUH3/xs2qapiowNq34x4/wCgkIJh
> oNaHu7i6xg6EftZZ6Qb9uHM=
> =hcSz

View raw message