beehive-user mailing list archives

From "DeHamer, Brian" <>
Subject TagUtils.computeURL() and dynamic module registration
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 22:04:56 GMT

As part of my application I have a number of custom tags that make use
of the org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.computeURL() method to assist
in the rendering of URLs that are generated by my tags.  Among the
parameters that can be specified for the computeURL() method are an
action name and module name -- the resulting URI will be the
context-relative path to the specified action in the specified module.

This was working fine for me under vanilla Struts, however it doesn't
appear to work under JPF.  It appears that the problem is related to the
dynamic module registration that is used by the PageFlowActionServlet.
When the TagUtils.computeURL() method attempts to generate the URL it
checks to make sure that the named ModuleConfig object can be found in
application scope -- however, under JPF, if no request has yet been made
against that module the ModuleConfig won't exist and computeURL() fails.

Does JPF provide something similar to the TagUtils.computeURL() method
that will work for me?  If not, is there some way to force all the
modules to be loaded at start time?  Any suggestions/work-arounds are
welcome.  Thanks.

Brian DeHamer
Hewlett-Packard Co.

View raw message