beehive-user mailing list archives

From Adam Jenkins <>
Subject Re: maven plugin
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 20:27:10 GMT

Hi All,

I've gone through the ant task, apt doc and the maven plugin code that
already exists in order to bring myself up to date.  I'm going to make
some minor changes to day and wanted to run them by everyone.

It seems that there is no standard flow for how people would wish to use
a beehive maven plugin, so I thought I'd take the direction of keeping
it fairly modular so people could use as they see fit.

To that end, I'll start by defining 4 new goals:

beehive:compilews		(compile web services)
beehive:compilepf		(compile page flows)
beehive:compilexmlb		(compile xml beans)
beehive:compilecontrols		(compile controls)

by keeping them as seperate goals, people using them can position them
where they want with <preGoal> & <postGoal>.  After they've been in the
wild for a while we can offer some more integrated goals for various
situations based on user feedback.

In terms of configuration, I'm going to remove the beehive.compile
property and put the source directory configuration in the pom/build
section (similar to what aspectj does).

So there'll be the following optional additions to the pom:

This is a more simplistic approach than currently exists in the maven
plugin so, due to my lack of experience, I can't help wondering if I'm
missing something.  I would appreciate any feedback that you could offer
on the subject.

All other configuration will be properties (I haven't figured them all
out yet).

With regards to doco, Eddie, you were correct with respect to the apt's got pretty good doco.  For that matter, the ant macros are
pretty self documenting also.  So there wasn't a lot that I could see
needed doing on the ant/apt side of things.  I'll dive directly into the
maven plugin if noone objects.

Any feedback anyone could give with respect to the above design would be
very much appreciated.

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 15:55 -0600, Eddie ONeil wrote:
> Adam--
>   AFAIK, the Maven plug-in hasn't undergone much change recently and
> is really focused on Beehive controls (doesn't handle NetUI-enabled
> webapps, for example)
>   If you're interested in doing some work there, I'd be happy to help
> provide info from the Beehive side.
> Eddie
> On 5/22/05, Adam Jenkins <> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Who's looking after the maven plugin, is it apache or codehaus?  Is this
> > the correct list to discuss the plugin and get assistance on it?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Adam

View raw message