beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Joris Van der Mijnsbrugge" <>
Subject Re: XMLBeans as a webservice argument
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 22:03:00 GMT

I solved my problem throught stepping away from generating XMLBeans from
schemas. Instead i use the auto-generated classes from a wsdl file, which
have a serialiser and deserialiser included.

To answer your question, i did follow the tutorial from the webpage and used
an ant task in beehive when i tried to compile this code.
It is possible to generate the fault by putting the source code of the
xBeanSample in a directory structure like beehive and then try to build it.

I stepped away from beehive to solve my problem, but i have to say the
concept of the project is very good and in fact if there will be a
stable version this will be a hit. I'll be back.

keep up the good work,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daryoush Mehrtash" <>
To: "Beehive Users" <>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: XMLBeans as a webservice argument

I am not sure if I understand your problem:

> When i put the same thing in my code and try to build my beehive
> with ant i get following error.

Are you using Axis by itself or WSM in Beehive?

There is code in Axis to support XMLBeans, but the code is *NOT*

If you can use Java 1.5 then your best bet to use XMLBeans with Axis is
to use beehive WSM.  WSM is based on Axis 1.2 release; it implements the
JSR 181 annotation (java 1.5) that makes the creation of webservice
quite easier (there are no user created "wsdd" configurations) and
portable to other JSR 181 implementations.  We also have made the use of
XMLBeans in WSM to be transparent; you don't have to add any special
code to use XMLBeans.

You can either start with a WSDL and use our tools to generate your
webserivce with JSR 181 annotation, or if you want to start from
existing XMLBeans documents (schemas not WSDL), you can write a new web
service by using the XMLBeans in your web service methods.

We are busy trying to make a distribution release of the beehive
project, in the mean time however, you can download the source and build
a distribution, or use the nightly builds.

You can read more about beehive

You can try the WSM tutorial:

Here is a sample that is similar to Axis AddressBook sample:

The AddressBook sample above uses java objects, for XMLBean object
sample you should look at:

Where a web service is generated from a wsdl (types are implemented as

Let me know if you need more info to get started on WSM.

View raw message