beehive-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Michael P" <>
Subject sharedFlow confusion
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:04:45 GMT
Documentation states this about sharedFlows:

If you need an attribute to be available across all the page flows in a
web application's

user (browser) session, such as a user's unique session key, you can use
shared flow.

I'm a little confused about these sharedFlows.  Specifically, if you
wanted to keep a

particular webapp users information in a sharedFlow controller that
would imply

that each session gets its own instance of that controller, but I do not
think it works

that way, does it ?  In a Struts app I once worked on, we passed an
Object back and forth in

the "session", that contained user ID information etc. that was used by
each action class

to know what user he was dealing with.  Can a sharedFlow be used for
this ?

Each user session does not get its own instances of the regular
Controller classes, right ?